We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We rely on our IT systems to support our busy bees in growing and managing our business around the world. TheHelp Desk Technician’s primary role is ensuring that all systems are optimized and operational at all times. Reporting directly to the Associate Director, IT Operations, the Help Desk Technician is expected to support our corporate and remote offices across the globe including an HQ in Austin of 75+ people and 8+ smaller teams. This includes providing support for office IT systems, equipment and cloud collaboration tools, including G-Suit, Slack, file sharing, printing, wireless and wired network connectivity, phones; overseeing facility support, including conference rooms and meeting spaces, IT coordination of live events, coordinating with on-site vendors, etc.
Objectives of this Role
- Maintain essential IT operations, including Mac and OS operating systems, Cisco video conference systems, applications, telephone systems, password resets, macbook laptops, software, and hardware.
- Project Management of the Help Desk process and onboarding/offboarding, etc.
- Be the first point of contact for all things IT and pass information up to the Associate IT Director of Operations.
- Meet with all departments to understand and document challenges, needs, software tools and how IT can help assist.
- Serve as the subject matter expert supporting MAC OSX, Windows, and all common office software and applications, such as Microsoft, Adobe and G-Suite products.
- Ensure that each office has the equipment, network bandwidth, and communications hardware required to meet the business requirements of the organization.
- Install, configure, and support workstation software, hardware, printers, video conferencing and phones, across the global workforce.
- Work closely with the IT team in the UK and offer and ask for support and assistance when able or needed.
- The first line of user support; manage and monitor the ticketing queue; ensure all requests are being logged with a ticket and that the SLA’s are being met.
- Communicate across the organization as needed to ensure the alignment of all relevant parties. This includes looping your manager in on the status of issues, assignments, and projects, along with keeping customers informed on the status of their support tickets and requests.
- Take ownership of the environments at HQ and the remote offices. Make sure that the staff has the equipment they need and is getting the support they require.
- Implement applications and software upgrades, as well as performance troubleshooting not when something is broken, but as preventative maintenance. Follow industry best practices.
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Perform IT tasks related to onboarding and offboarding duties: This includes ensuring employees’ accounts are set up prior to start dates so that during IT orientation you can focus on discussing IT processes, submitting a ticket, and using video conference.
- Provide outstanding customer service through friendly demeanor and proactively thinking through end user’s needs.
- Ensure all IT systems always reflect the current employee count.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years’ experience in a Help Desk role
- Strong experience with and knowledge of Apple and Mac OS operating systems; equipment and technologies
- Experience with IT operations and cloud collaboration tools
- Ability to manage projects and complete tasks within specific deadlines
- Ability to clearly document processes and policies
- Being available onsite from 9 am-6 pm 5 days per week
- Being available and on-call as needed and in the case of Urgent or High priority SLAs
- Passion for the brand, vision, and values
- Not afraid to hustle, hustle, hustle – not afraid to sweat, carry a box or two, and bring our brand to real life
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes* ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat* ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.