We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. The local guys is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
The local guys is looking for a Fund Analyst who is excited to support our Fund initiatives and due diligence. You will have the opportunity to help expand our Fund portfolio and partnerships. This role will be based in Austin, reporting to the Strategy and Social Impact Director.
This is a Part-Time role that has the potential to convert to Full-Time in Q1.
- Maintain subscription docs and our Fund database including updates from portfolio companies
- Facilitate review of subscription docs and deal close
- Aggregate feedback from our and target company’s legal teams and facilitate communication of these comments and redlines
- Share our Fund standard side letter for target company’s review
- Ensure all relevant docs submitted to accounting team for immediate payment including invoice, countersigned subscription docs (with signatures held in escrow until receipt of payment), and ensure Treasury team alerted to timing and size of payment
- Support due diligence and deal sourcing to deploy 2020 funds
- Participate in meetings with company founders
- Ensure companies meet our Fund’s criteria
- Get feedback from our Fund stakeholders
- Communicate our Fund investments and updates
- Execute announcement cadence with comms and content teams (i.e. press release and blog post announcement)
- Track portfolio company updates, highlighting opportunities for our Fund support
- Survey portfolio companies to understand needs of founders and startups
- Save portfolio company updates and highlight the most relevant updates to our Fund team
- Identify cross-portfolio partnerships and connect founders to other founders
- Support execution of our Fund partnerships
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Understanding our ethos and mission and ability to serve as representative for the local guys brand to external parties
- Strong executor and self starter
- Strong communication skills including ability to create executive level presentations and memos
- Familiarity with venture capital landscape including types of funding rounds and investing instruments
- Experience conducting due diligence, mapping competitive landscape, and financial modeling
- Ability to work cross functionally
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
* Flexible working hours* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes* ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat* ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
Please apply by submitting your resume along with a cover letter explaining your potential impact on us and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role! As growth is one of our core values, the ideal candidate will be able to strategically make data-driven decisions to drive our success and growth.
Applicants are expected to have current work authorization in the country that the role is located.