We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Can you tell a story with data? Do you understand how and which KPIs contribute to a company’s success? Are you analytically minded but design-led? User-centric? An excellent communicator?
Then join us and bring your extensive experience to help grow one of the world’s fastest-growing social networks.
You’ll join a team of BI professionals working on exciting and innovative projects as well as shaping our day to day operations. The BI department offers the chance to collaborate with Data Scientists, Analysts and Database developers with opportunities to gain or enhance skills across a number of other BI tools like Python & Jupyter.
Our main tool of choice is Microstrategy, used across the business to democratise data but we understand it’s a means to an end. Our sole focus is to understand data, shape, design and build actionable solutions which drive faster decision making.
If you can turn your technical skills into tangible business value we’d love to hear from you.
- Work closely with the business to build a deep understanding of current objectives/challenges.
- Build knowledge in main business drivers, becoming fluent in product and business KPIs.
- Contribute/initiate ideas on which metrics to build to improve the product.
- Become a product domain expert, using our products to understand the customer experience.
- Design and build reporting solutions to power data driven decisions.
- Own the end-to-end SDLC from data modelling to dashboard.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of department and team processes.
- Drive self-serve BI culture across the company through training end users.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Practical experience following SDLC and iterative development processes
- Proven experience of database/data model design
- Proven experience of SQL at an expert level
- Proven MicroStrategy experience or equivalent, Tableau, Looker etc.
- Analytical/Business background e.g. Data Analyst, Business Analyst, QA.
- Experience of leading long term BI Projects
- Knowledge of administering Unix machines
- Experience in performing platform upgrades/hotfixes.
- Experience in Exasol/Python/API/SDK
- Highly analytical with a deep understanding of business KPIs and an ability to define them.
- Ability to define, gather, understand and question requirements.
- Ability to create performant and compelling analytical dashboards with a deep understanding of the end user’s analytical workflow.
- Excellent time management and you know how to manage multiple priorities, breaking large projects into manageable pieces, always looking for efficiencies.
- Can juggle high priority unplanned work and/or operational issues alongside long term goals.
- Improver/innovator mindset, contributing ideas to improve the platform, team, department and wider organisation.
- Positive and committed with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a flexible/curious approach.
- A problem solver and a forward thinker
- Self-starter: you thrive on taking ownership of initiatives with limited oversight
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Open to receiving and giving feedback. An active listener, empathetic of others but steadfast for facts.
- Able to build trust, networks and create relationships with dependent teams.
- Deeply passionate about Swiprr’s brand vision and values: kindness, growth, respect, accountability, courage and equality
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:* Flexible working hours* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes* ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat* ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!