We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We are looking for a talented senior level Android developer to own and drive technical projects from specification through to delivery and beyond. You will impact millions of users, share know-how with the community and experiment a lot. If you get a buzz from taking initiative, redefining expectations but also getting involved in challenging technical debates with the team, this is your place.
This role will be based in London, reporting to the Mobile Team Lead.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver Android app feature designs
- Leading technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Project ownership and driving process related decisions
- Mentoring and guidance of junior team members
- Write test cases and work with QA on a weekly release cycle
- Work within an agile team (daily standups, weekly planning meetings)
- Maintain build systems and write unit tests
- Review analytics and performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Product-focused Android application development experience
- Portfolio of consumer facing high-performance Android applications available in the Marketplace
- Advanced Android SDK / Kotlin skills
- Experience in leading and driving product and process related decisions
- Strong knowledge of Android API capabilities at different levels, framework components and lifecycles
- Good understanding of design patterns & Object Orientated Programming
- Enthusiastic about teamwork in an AGILE/Scrum environment
- Sound computer science foundations: algorithms, data structures, concurrency, threading, and programming languages (Kotlin and Java)
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- You’ll love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn.
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Enthusiastic and fun to work with
- A desire to work with a fresh, social digital brand
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
- £2,000 annual personal learning & development budget
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
- Private Dental Insurance
- Babylon Health app
- Mental health support
- Enhanced parental leave, including a highly competitive maternity package
- Subsidised gym membership
- ‘Double matched’ pension contributions up to 6%
- Plus loads of generous perks when we are in the office including breakfast, lunch and dinner, daily massages, free haircuts on-site, discounted nail services, regular socials, parties and family days off.
- With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
- ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
- ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
- Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:* Flexible working hours* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes* ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat* ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!