We strongly encourage people of colour, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example – she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We are looking for a talented iOS Developer to own and drive technical projects from specification through to delivery and beyond. You will impact millions of users, share know-how with the community and experiment a lot. If you get a buzz from taking initiative, redefining expectations but also getting involved in challenging technical debates with the team, this is your place.
This role will be based in London, reporting to the Mobile Team Lead.
- Hands-on development: analyse product specifications, design implementations, write code and rapidly deliver features
- Mind performance metrics to draw conclusions and drive change
- Contribute technical ideas and suggestions to enhance the direction of the product
- Write efficient, maintainable and reusable code and tests. Pass code reviews and be a good scout in general
- Be an efficient and responsible team member, communicate, participate and help
- Work with QA in a weekly release cycle
- Be enthused about teamwork in an AGILE environment: attend daily stand-ups, plan and demo your projects
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Product-focused iOS application development experience
- Evidence of delivering consumer facing, mass market, networked, high-performance iOS applications available in the App Store
- Up to date with the latest Swift and iOS trends
- Understanding of UIKit, Core Animation, GCD & Networking
- Excellent understanding of design patterns & Object Oriented Programming
- Understanding of analytics, remote reporting and measurements
- Experience of working with Continuous Integration (CI) and Unit Testing on iOS
- Knowledge of socket based networking desirable
- Experience performance profiling with instruments in Xcode
- Think, live and breathe Swift
- Self-motivated and able to achieve deadlines and work independently
- Love to write clean, reusable code and have a passion for mobile development inside and outside of the office
- Solid communication skills and team-working capability
- Positive and logical approach together with willingness to learn
- Attention to detail and a passion for quality
- Employee Incentive Plan (EIP)
- £2,000 annual personal learning & development budget
- Private Medical Insurance (PMI)
- Private Dental Insurance
- Babylon Health app
- Mental health support
- Enhanced parental leave, including a highly competitive maternity package
- Subsidised gym membership
- ‘Double matched’ pension contributions up to 6%
- Plus loads of generous perks when we are in the office including breakfast, lunch and dinner, daily massages, free haircuts on-site, discounted nail services, regular socials, parties and family days off.
- With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes
- ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat
- ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month
- Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time
- You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!
With over 600 staff in 10+ countries all working remotely during the time of COVID-19, we’ve worked hard to adapt and support our teams during this challenging time, including:* Flexible working hours* Streaming free, live yoga & meditation sessions each week, as well as a full weekly timetable of free online exercise classes* ‘Random Coffee’ – connecting staff across the globe in pairs once a week to get to know each other over a video chat* ‘First Fridays’ – meal delivery for a remote lunch with your team once a month* Employee Support Fund for those whose households are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19* Written resources to guide employees through this challenging time* You will also be taken through a fully digital onboarding process!